Monday, December 24, 2018

Stanford girls basketball lineup will soon fill with Colorado talent


Dan Mohrmann, chsaanow.com, December 21, 2018

Cherry Creek point guard Jana Van Gytenbeek didn't have to think twice when she declared her intentions for college. Once Stanford came calling she delivered a firm yes.

Just a junior, Van Gytenbeek will play out her final two years with the Bruins then head to Palo Alto to continue her athletic career and education.

“Ever since I was little Stanford has been my dream school," she said. "I went to camp there my fifth-grade year and again, it was just my dream school. It was always the goal for me.”

Here's the most exciting part for her. When she gets there, she'll have plenty of company from home. Regis Jesuit's Fran Belibi and Discovery Canyon's Ashten Prechtel are headed there in 2019. When it comes to finding top talent, The Setsuko Ishiyama Director of Women's Basketball Tara VanDerveer has kept her eyes on the Rocky Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment