Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Haley Jones: Number One Women's Basketball Recruit


Cinthia Tafoya, kron4,com, March 12, 2019

At Archbishop Mitty High School in San Jose, banners adorn the gym, depicting alumni who are now pro athletes: Brandi Chastain, Kerry Walsh-Jennings, and maybe one day, Haley Jones.

"I see her playing in the WNBA, I see her setting all kinds of records, not just in high school but in college, because she can do so much. There's nothing she can't do. We literally play her positions 1 through 5," says coach Sue Phillips.

"I think I came in as a versatile player, but being here, being able to be coached by coach Phillips, I just improved, basically every aspect of my game and continued. I wasn't ever tied down to play one position," says Haley Jones.


Thanks to that versatility, Haley is the nation's number one recruit for 2019, a distinction the high school senior has taken in stride since first learning she was in the top spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment